April 13, 2010
For those who live in Toronto and nearby area and an avid Final Fantasy series or even a fan of Nobue Uematsu, you may want to mark your calendar on November 27th, 2010 as Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy symphony concert world tour will perform at Sony Centre for the Performing Arts this year in Downtown Toronto. For those who live outside Canada, check out their upcoming events as they may come to your cities.
Ticket can be booked from ticketmaster.ca and it ranges from $35 to $125 depending where the seats are located.
My friends who happened to attend Dear Friends concert couple years ago told me that they really enjoyed it and it’s totally worth every penny spent ^^;;.
Here is the full list of songs. They are in no particular order and it may be subjected to change. I am hoping that they can add more theme songs from FFXI since that’s probably the longest Final Fantasy game that I’ve ever played.
1. FINAL FANTASY series: Main Theme
Swing de Chocobo (the theme song that keeps me company while I am doing a mini game of Chocobo digging ^^;;)
2. FINAL FANTASY I-III: Medley
3. FINAL FANTASY IV: Theme of Love
4. FINAL FANTASY V: Dear Friends
5. FINAL FANTASY VI: Opera “Maria and Draco”
6. FINAL FANTASY VII: One-Winged Angel, Opening – Bombing Mission, Aerith’s Theme
Opening – Bombing Mission
Aerith’s Theme (is this everyone’s favourite ? )
7. FINAL FANTASY VIII: Liberi Fatali, Fisherman’s Horizon, Love Grows, Don’t be Afraid
Don’t be Afraid (FFVIII battle theme song if I am not mistaken)
8. FINAL FANTASY IX: Vamo’ alla Flamenco (lol reminds me of funny scene in FFIX. See the youtube video to refresh your memory)
9. FINAL FANTASY X: To Zanarkand (never play FFX but I enjoy this song a lot)
10. FINAL FANTASY XI: Memoro de la Stono – Distant Worlds (This is the theme song from the final cs in Chains of Promethia(CoP) Expansion pack. It reminds me of staying late until like 4am in the morning and tried to beat those ridiculously hard CoP missions (SE made them easy afterward ^^;;)
Ronfaure (not part of their list but it was played during some of Distant Worlds concert)
It’s hard to believe that a game series like Final Fantasy lasts as long as FFXIV but with high quality music composed by maestro Nobuo Uematsu, it becomes one of the appealing factor to all major Final Fantasy branding (with some exception of course as he is not involved in FFXIII in order to work FFXIV). Gameplay, Music/Theme songs and Storyline become what defines a good RPG is.
Listening those songs bring back those memories playing those games. I still remembered how I used to play FFVII and FFVIII while my parents weren’t at home, otherwise, they would have told me to stop ^^. Or all those good time staying up late with fellow linkshell (guild) members doing CoP missions. We were waiting for our 2-hr ability (a special ability for a job that can be only be used once every 2 hour) to cool down in order to give the mission another try.
If this concert happens to be around your neighbourhood, will you go regardless ticket price ? and even if you are not a FF fan, will you still go ?
© 2013 Saku's Thoughts | Theme by Eleven Themes